New Page 1
The 302 is stunning for its size, flexibility, control, and performance; it
is the most compact and cost-effective battery-powered professional audio mixer
in its class.
With important features to accommodate nearly any over-the-shoulder
production, the 302 interfaces with wireless transmitters and receivers, camera
audio inputs of all kinds, and external audio recorders. Its microphone
inputs share the same superb circuitry of all Sound Devices field production
Like Sound Devices larger 442 Field Mixer, the 302 has a complete feature-set
in a compact, functional design. All controls are accessible in its three
main surfaces: no hidden controls. The high-efficiency power circuitry
runs the mixer from either three internal AA batteries or external 5-18 VDC.
- Lundahl transformer-balanced mic or line level inputs on XLR connectors.
- Continuously adjustable input trim.
- Two-position high-pass filter.
- Pan Switches
- Limiters on inputs and outputs.
- Stereo and MS linking of channel 1 and 2.
- Phantom ( 48V or 12V) or "T" microphone powering selected per channel.
- Solo (PFL) channel monitoring in headphones.
- Peak limiters per channel.
- Tape level output on TA3 locking connectors.
- Active-balanced line/tape/mic level outputs on XLR connectors.
- Stereo tape level output on TA3 connector.
- Return input for monitoring.
- Channel 4/5 input option.
- Sunlight-viewable LED meters with proprietary software selected
- On-board MS stereo matrix.
- Push pots for setup features to keep the front panel clutter-free.
- Durable extruded aluminum chassis.
- Weight less than 1kg with batteries.
- Powered by three AA batteries or external 5 - 18 VDC.
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 30 kHz, +0.2, -0.5 dB, -1dB @ 5
Hz and 50 kHz typical
- Equivalent Input Noise: -126 dBu (-128 dBV) maximum (22 Hz -
22 kHz bandwidth, flat filter, trim control fully up)
- Input Clipping Level: 0 dBu minimum (trim control fully down)
- Line Output Clipping Level (1% THD): 20 dBu minimum,
18 dBu minimum with 600 ohm load
- Dynamic Range: 115 dB minimum (trim fully down)
- THD + Noise: 0.007% typical (1kHz, +4 dBu at Line out),
0.009% max (50 Hz to 20 kHz, +18 dBu at Line out, fader fully up)
- Output Noise: -100 dBu (-102 dBV) maximum (22 Hz - 22 kHz
bandwidth, flat filter, master gain fully up, faders fully down)
- L/R Gain Matching: +/- 0.1 dB (Mic In to Line Out)
- Metering: 40-segment, sunlight viewable, selectable peak, VU,
or peak (with or without peak hold) + VU ballistics
- High-Pass Filters: Switchable 80 Hz or 160 Hz, 12 dB/oct
- Mic Powering (each mic selectable): Dynamic (no power
applied), 12 V phantom - through 680 ohm resistors, 10 mA per mic available,
48 V phantom - through 6.8k resistors, 10 mA per mic available, 12 V T-power -
through 180 ohm resistors, 10 mA per mic available.
- Input Limiters: +18 dBu threshold, 20:1 limiting ratio, 1 mS
attack time, 200 mS release time.
- Output Limiters: Affects the outputs of the mixers.
Threshold selectable from +4 dBu to +20 dBu, 1 dB steps, 20:1 limiting ratio,
1mS attack time, 200 mS release time.
- Power Supply: Internal ± 16 V
(bi-polar) regulated audio rails, 2.4 - 6 V range internal batteries, isolated
(floating) external DC input jack, 5-18 V, locking 4-pin Hirose™
connector, pin-4 = (+), pin-1 = (-)
- Temperature: Operating: -20ºC to
60ºC, 0 to 95% relative humidity; (non-condensing), storage: -40ºC to
- Weight: 0.85 kg, (1.8 lbs) unpackaged
with three alkaline AA batteries.
- Dimensions: 47 mm x 214 mm x 114 mm (H
x W x D), 1.8" x 8.4" x 4.5"