From the creator of MetaFlow
From the creator of MetaFlow, the software that revolutionized
post-production workflows where audio is recorded on a non-linear recorder,
Architecture Mac OSX Based Field Recorder, based entirely in software. Designed
specifically for location sound recording.
• Works with Any Core Audio Interface (44.1 kHz - 192kHz, 16 - 24 bit, 2 - 20
• Make your own choice of Mic Pre, A-D Convertors etc, with easy metadata entry
and choice of recording media
• Any Mac compatible Media, internal IDE, Firewire, USB/USB2, PCMCIA etc, Flash,
• Full Network support via Ethernet / 802.11
• Any OSX Macintosh including Powerbook, iBook, iMac and Powermacs. Never locks
you into a proprietary PC chassis
• Supports up to 20 record channels
• Very clear and concise user interface with instant access to all parameters.
No modal windows means that you can press record at any time, no matter what you
• Powerful and intuitive Metadata functionality, including Project, SoundRoll,
scene, take, track labels and indexes, recording notes. User friendly system
automatically updates scene and take using US, UK or generic slating systems.
Metadata can be edited before, during or after recording. Metadata stored in
several formats including bext and the revolutionary new
iXML format for seamless post production..
• Automatically manages filenaming and file system hierarchy on all volumes
• Dual System record (record identical data to 2 volumes at the same time in
• Background SoundRoll Mirror (non real time) automatically mirrors current
soundroll to slower media as recordings are made (eg ideal for Compact Flash,
networked, or DVD-Ram for high track counts, where real time record is not
• 1-30 Second pre-record buffer across all channels at all samplerates/bit
depths. Hit record anytime and automatically capture up to the previous 30
seconds into your files. Never miss 'Action' again.
• Built in sample accurate LTC/Userbits reader, using audio input device.
• Built in confidence monitor mixer, with M-S decode, per track Mute/Solo/Pan
• Supports Monophonic, Polyphonic and Dual Polyphonic file recording Modes.
Complete flexibility in track arming.
• Writes Broadcast WAVE, or SD2 files.
• Supports simultaneous playback of recorded files, during recording of new
files (for file checking or on-set playback). One-touch Instant Review Button to
listen back to the last take.
• Features 128 Segment Level Meters on all inputs .Color coded meters to
re-enforce track arm status
• False start function automatically marks files and sets up for retake.
• Audio Overload alert tone preference.
• Slate button feeds one input to all tracks whilst button is held, and dims
• Supports variety of USB connected peripherals including programmable keypads
• Can be controlled via MMC, allowing the use of universally available control
• Robust Unix based reliable architecture. Full compatibility with Avid, Final
Cut, Pro Tools and all other DAWs.
• Internal Hard drive can operate as Firewire target device for mounting on
DeskTop system (powerbook / iBook based systems only)
• Auto records audio with broken timecode into segments (sample accurate across
all tracks) for loading location sound from linear tape. Intellimerge feature
allows automatic pre-concatenation of voice slate into main soundfile
• Writes AES-31 ADLs, Pro Tools Sessions, ALE and Final Cut Pro XML lists for
• Prepares and prints user customizable Sound Reports. - Sound report printing
• Background DVD-R / CD-R Burn of finished sound roll, using internal DVDR/CDR
or firewire device.
Click Here for Screenshots
Here for FAQ
Click Here for Audio Hardware List
Click Here for
Gotham's detailed account of a reality show recorded on Metacorder
MetaCorder hardware/software bundles available at competitive prices,
click here to request a quote.