The BST-25/216 MHz is a professional quality, auxiliary base station
transmitter designed to operate with the PR-216 and PR-216 Option 7 synthesized
receivers in the newly assigned 216-217 MHz band under Part 95 of the FCC
The BST-25/216 MHz transmitter incorporates the latest digital and analog
technologies to produce low residual noise, wide dynamic range, and extended
frequency response rendering the most natural sound possible from a wireless
This transmitter may be used for personal cueing, for tour guide applications,
language interpretation, and for assistive listening applications.
Unique COMTEK features of the BST-25/216 MHz include:
- 57 user-selectable channels in the 216-217 MHz range: 38 standard
narrow-band, non-companded channels; 19 high-fidelity narrow-band channels
with companded audio processing.
- Single-window, bright LED display for exact frequency and channel, VU
bargraph meter, antenna condition and lock-out indicator
- Test tone generator for receiver testing and audio level referencing.
- Balanced mic or line level with 60 dB of control range to accommodate any
- Microcontroller automatically sets the modulation deviation, the audio
mode for companding processing, and the EQ when corresponding channels are
- Can be rack-mounted for AC or 12 volt DC power and can accommodate a
variety of remote antenna
- Mic: XLR 600 ohm Balanced -40 dBV (nominal).
- Line: XLR > 10 k ohm Balanced 0 dBV (nominal)
- XLR-3 Female audio input connector for mic and line level input.
- XLR-4 Male power input 12 volts.
- BNC type RF output connector.
- LED Bargraph VU Meter displays audio input (modulation).
- Two-Digit Alpha Numeric Display shows operating channel.
- Five-Digit Alpha Numeric Display shows operating frequency.
- Antenna Indicator displays deficient antenna condition.
- Lock-out Indicator shows tuning has been disabled.
FCC Compliance: Type Accepted under Part 95.
- Telescopic antenna mounts directly into top of transmitter.
- BNC RF output connector for optional external antenna.
Power Compliance: 12 volts DC, 300 mA max.
Frequency Response: 80 Hz to 8 kHz.
Audio Distortion: Less than 1% at 80% modulation.
Modulation Limiter: Soft compressor type with high (25 dB) linear
overload protection, attack time less than 1 ms, recovery time 10 ms.
Audio Gain Control: Greater than 40 dB.
Test Tone Generator: 400 Hz 0.05% distortion.
Frequency Modulation: 5 kH and 10 kH deviation.
RF Output Power: Set for 100 mW for FCC Part 95.
Frequency Stability: Better than 20 ppm, digitally synthesized, crystal
Operating Frequency: 216-217 MHz.
Harmonic and Spurious Emissions: Better than 55 dB below carrier.
Dimensions: 6 1/2" W x 1 3/4" H x 5 5/8" D.
Weight: 44 oz.